Monday, October 19, 2009

oh snap, double click!

I think I've got it. Security. That is the key! I can give myself all I have, but it is really only measured by outside opinions. Everything that is in your heart has always been there, but it takes the observation and appreciation from the people in your life to let you know that you are okay. When you are unfulfilled in your life by means of who you surround yourself with, it becomes seemingly impossible to have an sort of satisfaction with yourself. The dance of life is very interesting when viewed through the eyes of someone unwilling. Some people just have no clue how to give back. I have always come from the adage "do unto others as you would want done unto you." I don't believe everyone here abides by that, and not to their fault, but it's just as people are. I am not perfect, but i certainly don't think I lack compassion in any sense of the word. Sometimes I am overly blunt, but that is just honesty which not everyone can handle either. I do not always intend to come off as harsh as I do. I don't believe all esteem stems from inside. I believe it is rooted there, but how can the only way you feel about yourself come from within when there are hundreds of outside forces you come in contact with in your daily life? I can be completely self sufficient, but without the pride of my father, or the happiness of my siblings, or the jealousy of others why would I strive for more? I know there is me and my own wants and needs, and some people in this world only fend for themselves, but I am not one of them. I find my inspiration lies with others in mind. It is something I enjoy doing and gives me purpose. I find that I need very little as far as material things, and I have always preferred the emotional support of others. Maybe that comes from the lack there of in the past, but that is not something that is going to leave me, instead I'd rather be proud of it even if I come up short in other places. There is an art to grasping other people's feelings, and opening your heart to them. I find that it is very freeing and my spirit becomes light as a feather. Considering other people's opinions, thoughts, needs and wants gives me more insight sometimes than actual life experience. If you can let go of self absorption and just try on someone else's skin, at least as best you can, open your mind, and the world's dynamics make a lot more sense and you may learn a thing or two about yourself.

No comments: